Aims and Ethos of RGS Worcester
The aim of the family of RGS Worcester schools is to provide an excellent all round education for children aged 2 – 18 years, supporting them in their passage to adulthood by developing character, intellect, physical and emotional well-being and cultural understanding within a supportive community.
The School and its staff aim to cultivate an ethos in which each pupil is cared for individually, valued equally and achieves their potential.
RGS Worcester sets out to achieve these aims by:
- Encouraging the growth of intellectual curiosity, creativity and a positive attitude to learning, including the preparation of each child for life through a broad, coherent and balanced curriculum, the use of digital technology to enhance teaching and learning, and educational and enrichment opportunities
- Developing in every child quiet self-confidence, aspiration, responsibility, resilience, spiritual values and a personal moral code, leading to the highest standards of behaviour, consideration for others, tolerance and understanding of other cultures, awareness of British values, and pride in, and loyalty to, the School community
- Offering a wide range of co-curricular activities through which children can develop their social, sporting and cultural interests, explore and enhance their leadership skills and learn the importance of working together
- Providing well qualified and able staff who are highly committed to delivering excellent teaching, enabling pupils to enjoy learning and achieve to their full potential
- Promoting opportunities for higher education and career options, and creating an awareness of the world beyond the School and a sense of service to the local and wider community
- Pursuing positive relationships with parents through open communication and opportunities to attend school events
It is hoped that, by our schools fulfilling these aims, our pupils will leave RGS Worcester as flexible, independent thinkers, who have quiet self-confidence, treat others with respect and kindness, and go on to make a very positive contribution to the community and to society as a whole.
The RGS motto is ‘Respice et Prospice’, an invitation to look to the future while cherishing the past. At RGS we celebrate the traditions and landmarks of the school’s remarkable history, while developing a forward-thinking education which engages with the needs of children in the 21st Century.