How to apply
Joining RGS Dodderhill all girls private school is possible for girls age 4 to 16 years of age
- Visit our School during an Open Morning or a School day
- Register your interest by completing the registration form and submit this with the fee of £45.00
- We will arrange for your child to attend a Taster Day during which time they will be assessed – For those children joining us in the following academic year, we will invite your child to attend the Assessment Morning
- A reference from your child’s current school will be applied for
- An offer will be made and on acceptance of the offer, you confirm the place by submitting this in writing along with the deposit of £100.00
In order to register your interest, please complete the registration form below and return with the £45.00 fee. Once an offer has been made, a deposit of £100.00 is required to secure the place.
Our admissions process is designed to find out if we are the right school for your child, a place where she will thrive personally and academically. We hope that RGS Dodderhill will be that place.
The next step is a visit so that you can meet our teachers and pupils, explore our classrooms and grounds and get a feel for whether we are the right school for your family. In an informal interview with our Headmistress, Mrs Atkinson, you can discuss your child and her interests, abilities and expectations.
Your child may see the school for the first time at an Open Morning or on an individual visit but the best way to find out if she will be happy here is a Taster Day. She will spend the day with her prospective classmates, enjoy all that a typical day at Dodderhill has to offer and get to know her way around the school.
The admissions process varies depending on the year group your child is planning to join.
Taster Morning with their teacher and future classmates.
Years One to Four
Taster Day which includes individual assessment in reading, spelling and numeracy.
Years Five to Eight
Entrance Assessment (with English, Mathematics and Verbal Reasoning papers) followed by a short interview with our Headmistress. Entrance Assessments are held each year but we are able to consider applications at other times.
Years Nine to Eleven
We strongly advise that pupils join us at the latest in Year Nine, so that they are fully prepared and integrated into the school before commencing their GCSE courses. However, if you have particular circumstances that you would like the school to consider, please contact us for a discussion.
Entrance papers in English and Mathematics, along with an interview with our Headmistress, is required for entry into Year Nine.