Our Pastoral Ethos
Your child’s happiness and sense of security form the platform on which everything else at RGS The Grange is built. Pupils flourish in an environment where cared for by dedicated staff, they can be central to all we do and where they can be happy and confident. In our experience, this sense of well being normally leads on to success.
Small class sizes where every child’s needs are catered for, excellent pastoral care and a school where ‘happy children succeed’
Our key approach to pastoral care is to put your child’s happiness above all else. Our Pastoral Ethos is to:
- To create a happy and caring environment where pupils feel valued for who they are, not just for what they can do
- To promote in children the self-awareness and self-confidence they need – in order to make the most of opportunities given to them and to embrace any challenges that they may face
- To provide a comprehensive Wellbeing and Mental Health provision to support all children
- To promote in children an appreciation of life and respect for the world in which they live
- To promote a sense of personal accountability for their own actions and learning
- To empower children to establish good relationships with others
- To provide support and guidance to our children by removing barriers to learning in order to promote effective participation, enhance learning, raise aspiration and achieve their potential
- To establish positive relationships with parents, so that together we can help to prepare their children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences which they will encounter in their life at school
Through excellent lines of communication and careful monitoring of pastoral systems, the school is effective in promoting excellent behaviour standards and moral value in accordance with its aims.
The above quote was identified by our ISI Inspection in March 2015.