10 Reasons for choosing RGS Dodderhill
- The excellent academic results at all ages
- Each individual pupil really matters. This is a school where everyone will know your child’s name and our small classes mean they will have access to individual attention tailored to their needs.
- Outstanding Music provision. There are several Choirs to join depending on age and ability, all of whom have the opportunity to perform at international venues such as Birmingham Symphony Hall. There are Choir tours – the most recent being to Lake Garda and Verona.
At RGS Dodderhill your child can find their own voice.
- Happy children succeed. Pupils here enjoy coming to school each day and leave with firm life-long friends. We aim to teach all our pupils the skills to contend with busy and challenging lives in the 21st century, whilst appreciating the importance of quiet, contemplative moments.
- Sport for all. All pupils take part in PE regardless of shape or size. Talented students compete in fixtures most weeks against other local schools and in national competitions. Pupils enjoy a wide range of sports from football to cricket, hockey to netball, riding to rugby!
- We have teachers who are passionate about their work and will focus on each pupil as an individual. With small classes and a high teacher to pupil ratio, both staff and pupils alike have the time and space to really focus in class.
- Excellent behaviour in and out of lessons means more time for important things. Respect for each other and the environment around you is an important part of being at RGS Dodderhill.
- Outstanding facilities. Pupils enjoy acres of space to play in, with a superb Forest School on site. There is a large indoor sports hall, as well as outdoor netball and tennis courts, purpose built drama and music studios, an Apple iMac suite and bright and spacious classrooms.
- ‘Outstanding’ and ‘Excellent’ in all areas, rated by both ISI and Ofsted inspections in 2017. ‘Pupils have excellent self-confidence and self-esteem. They respond enthusiastically to teachers’ enthusiasm. A love of learning is instilled as pupils’ progress through the School. The School meets its aim to provide an excellent education leading to high academic achievement and to give every girl the opportunity to reach her full potential.’ – ISI March 2017.
- When you join RGS Dodderhill you become part of our family. The pupils describe RGS Dodderhill as a ‘home from home’ and enjoy being part of the Dodderhill family – friendships are made for life. Parents also become part of our extended family with regular social opportunities throughout the year.