Holiday Club at RGSW is open to children from the age of 2 to 13 years and we have a wonderful variety of activities for all ages with visiting entertainers, off-site visits, horse riding and bushcraft.
October Half-term Holiday Club will run from Monday 26 October to Tuesday 3 November 2020 for RGS families only.
The protocols for running Holiday Club have changed in light of COVID-19 current Government guidelines. In order to operate safely and effectively over the holidays, we are, unfortunately, unable to accept any pupils who are not currently a member of one of the RGS family of schools.
We are adjusting the timings slightly to 9.00 am to 4.00 pm and will be focussing on Keyworker children.
The charge is £35.00 per day – there are no reductions nor sessions or early/late pick-up charges.
For those RGS families requiring a booking please click here to reserve your child’s place.
Which programme should you choose?
Shrimps – open to RGS pupils aged 2+ years and all children aged 3-4 years (Pre-School)
Snappers – Children aged 4 – 6 years (Reception to Year Two)
Sharks – Children aged 7 – 13 years (Year Three upwards)
The atmosphere in Holiday Club is informal and energetic and we have built on the successes of our previous Holiday Clubs by expanding our provision. RGS Holiday Club is based at RGS The Grange utilising our large site and grounds, all-weather AstroTurf pitch, two sports pavilions and other areas allowing for a wide range of both indoor and outdoor activities. Some activities, especially for those in the RGS Sharks age range (7+), are provided at RGS Worcester. In partnership with various individual providers, your child will be able to participate in a wide range of activities that could include:
Tennis – Trampolining – Football – Netball – Swimming – Ice Skating Games – Competitions – Quizzes Pop Music – Street Dance – Cooking – Sweet Making – Crafts – Chill Out – Painting – Drama Stories – Construction Toys – Board Games – Camp Building – Forest School – Spy Camp – Rugby – Dodgeball – Go Karting – Themed Days – Outings
As well as our planned activities, the day includes a chill out time, mid-morning breakfast (consisting of toast, fruit, biscuits, juice and water), lunch break, afternoon snack time and tuck shop. Children will need to bring a packed lunch each day; however, there will be occasions where lunch is provided.
Our Holiday Club Information Booklet may be downloaded here:
Fees and further information:
Full Day Session – 8.30am – 5.30pm £35.00
Activity Session – 10.00am – 3.00pm £25.00
Early Bird 8.30am – 10.00am £5.00
Night Owl 3.00pm – 5.30pm £5.00
Most activities are included in the cost of the holiday club but there may be those that incur an additional cost. Fees are payable in advance once your Holiday Club place has been confirmed. Places are now booked via our the online booking system once information has been released. Fees must be paid in advance by online payment or childcare vouchers. Bookings are taken on a first come, first served basis and payment will be required for non-attendance or any cancellation under the terms and conditions below.
Terms & Conditions
Please note that programmes may change without notice and external visits/activities are dependent upon uptake of children attending and may be amended or cancelled if numbers are low. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to advise us when booking of any disabilities/illnesses/social or behavioural problems that a child has, or has recently experienced, which might affect the child or other children in the setting. The children are expected to have regard for their own and others’ safety and wellbeing, and respect their own and other people’s property. Our staff expect to be treated with respect from parents and children and any verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated.
1. Children will be placed wherever possible on the activity booked however RGS Holiday Club will offer an alternative course if this is not possible. Activities will only take place if there is sufficient demand, and minimum published attendance is achieved.
2. If, after booking, you wish to change any aspect of the booking, RGS Holiday Club will endeavour to accommodate such alteration. However, if this is not possible the original booking will apply.
3. Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis and bookings for any day that reached the agreed attendance limited will not be permitted.
4. Places may be cancelled up to 2 weeks prior to the booked date with a 50% refund. No refunds will be given if cancelled within 2 weeks of the booked date.
5. No compensation will be paid or refunds given if activities arranged by RGS Holiday Club are cancelled due to war, strikes, riot or quarantine or any other reasons beyond the control of RGS Holiday Club. No refunds will be given for cancellation of courses due to technical problems with transport or weather conditions which would make the provision or continuation of the activities impractical.
6. RGS Holiday Club accept no liability in respect of personal injury, sickness, or loss or damage to property unless caused by negligence. Parents should make their own arrangements for personal injury insurance if they wish to do so.
7. Health and safety is of paramount importance at all times at RGS Holiday Club and it is expected that those participating in activities must adhere to any regulations deemed necessary by RGS Holiday Club at all times.
8. Children will not be permitted to wear jewellery when taking part in sporting activities at RGS Holiday Club.
9. RGS Holiday Club cannot accept responsibility or liability for any personal possessions brought to Holiday Club, e.g. mobile phones, iPads. These are not encouraged and children must assume personal responsibility at all times.
10. Any discounts given only apply to the activity or Holiday Club period booked and may be withdrawn at any time.
11. RGS Holiday Club reserves the right, without refund, to exclude or refuse any child at any time, prior to or during the Holiday Club period, if that child’s behaviour is not compatible with the general enjoyment and well-being of the Holiday Club as a whole.
12. All advertised activities are subject to change according to weather, demand, programming and staffing requirements.
13. No child may attend Holiday Club without prior booking. All parents must have provided up to date contact details and medical information, and signed the relevant consent forms prior to the start of Holiday Club.
14. Qualified first aiders are available on site at all times
Any queries please call 01905 451205 or email us.