The Parents’ and Teachers’ Association
This is the name of the school’s Parent Teacher Association. As well as to promote the family and community aspects of the school, it exists to fulfil three main aims:
- Promote the role of the school within the local community
- Foster and promote fund raising for local and national child-based charities
- Foster and promote fund raising for the benefit of the children at RGS The Grange
Currently the committee consists of the following office holders Chairperson, Vice-chairperson, Treasurer and Minutes Secretary plus the Headmaster, four teacher representatives plus eight parent representatives. The committee meets on average two to three times each term to organise the calendar of events. Beyond this, many parents are keen to be involved in individual activities without having the commitment of attending meetings.
For sometime now The Parents’ and Teachers’ Association, rather than support one particular project has supported individual ‘bids’ from teachers to provide non-essential equipment purchases.
In recent years the PTA has provided:
- A 15 metre ‘Traversing Wall’ where children can breed a sense of self worth while increasing hand to eye co-ordination, agility and overall balance.
- Jubilee Wood – a project which significantly enhanced the Forest School and outdoor learning activity for the entire school community.
- Pavilion Benches, to enable parents to watch sports matches their children are participating in. Children also use these during playtimes and after school care to just sit and chat with their friends.
- Team Kits, to be worn by boys and girls when competing against other schools.
- Waterproof suits and hats for the children using the Forest School. The children are now able to enjoy exploring the outdoors in all weathers.